The never-ending debate: Who is the hottest Disney Prince ever, Prince Eric or General Shang?
On the one hand, you have The Little Mermaid’s Prince Eric, a rugged outdoors-y Richard Gomez lookalike who rocks a deeper v-neck than a 15-year-old hipster.
The good points:
- Full-blooded royalty yet very close to his unwashed masses.
- Loves dogs
- Swims well
- Romantic first date
- Obviously very brave (face it, Ursula is one scary sea-bitch to go up against)
- Glorious sun-kissed complexion
- Great kisser (He breaks magic undersea spells with his kisses! What a dude!)
On the downside, he does have his sordid past as a male go-go dancer to live with.
On the other hand, you have Mulan’s exotic Asian hunk, General Shang, leader of men, bad-ass drill sergeant, and owner of the broadest pair of shoulders among all of Disney’s leading men.
His good points:
- Elite horseback-riding ability, especially when armed
- Commands the loyalty of his men
- Respectful of the elderly
- Great fighting skills
- Magnificent singing voice
- Bad boy asshole appeal
He did however spend half the movie in awkward homosexual tension with the dude he thought Mulan was, which probably costs him about -12498 dude points (DP).
He also has the unfortunate misfortune of having Donny Osmond cast as his singing voice, a man Weird Al Yankovic once described as “the whitest nerd I know.”
So girls, speak up: #TeamEric or #TeamShang?